When it comes to businesses marketing and online ranking, you know which important factors search engines consider essential in order to avail top ranking in the SERPs. You craft content to distribute it through the digital realm and try to engage the audience to observe your ranking for keywords. However, the effect is hardly visible,and you rank at the same position in search engines. One of the causes for this could be that your SEO strategy could be missing something or needs to be improved to make an effect.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimisation is a set of rules optimising your website for search engines and improve your search engine ranking. It is a way in which you can increase the quality of your website, making it user-friendly, faster and easier to navigate. SEO is a complete framework as the whole process contains several guidelines, various stages and a set of control.Search engine optimisation is a set of rules optimising your website for search engines and improve your search engine ranking. It is a way in which you can increase the quality of your website, making it user-friendly, faster and easier to navigate. SEO is a complete framework as the whole process contains several guidelines, various stages and a set of control.
In the competitive market of the digital world, SEO has become more critical than ever. Search engines serve a million of users and answer their queries that can solve their problems. Along with that, if you have a website, blog or an online store, SEO can help it grow and meet its goals.
As the technology advances, the future of digital marketing and SEO depends upon voice search, storytelling and engagement of generation Z. in order to thrive in the business world, you need to focus on the components mentioned above. Here is what you can do to optimise the search engines with these tactics.
1. Use interrogative keywords for voice search and smart device optimisation
Voice search has been predicted to make a more significant impact in the coming years as the word accuracy rates are continuously improving. You need to consider the following factors in order to make the most out of voice search.
- Create a strategic plan to optimise question keywords. Create specific website pages that can cater to the needs and queries of the audience — these must be based on long-tail question keywords that are a part of semantic and logical searches. Make sure to strategies these pages as it can increase the chances of your website to be ranked under featured information. Moreover, the information present on your website can be returned as an answer to the queries of the audience.
- With the introduction of smart devices such as Alexa and Google home, people conduct voice searches in the form of conversations,and the searcher needs an immediate answer to the query.
- You can unspeakable data type in your content so search engines such as Google can properly identify sections within the section so it can be returned as a text-to-speech technology as a direct answer to the search.
2. Fill in your content marketing with effective brand stories
Storytelling is the future of content marketing. However, effective storytelling is not an easy task. It requires a lot of dedication, practice,and understanding of your brand to craft an extraordinary story.
People don’t like boring and factual information for content marketing. Simply put, your content needs the following factors to be able to tell a story effectively.
- It needs to be positive and should contain the essence of your business
- Your content should be able to evoke the emotions of the audience
- It should influence the audience to take action.
Take the example of the national geographic Instagram post and their use of stunning images and a great story which intertwines with their social content strategy in order to engage their audience.
Videos play a significant role in telling a story. This is because of the shift in marketing trends from text-based content to visual storytelling. In order to keep your audience engaged with your story in this content overload, you need to keep in mind the following factors:
- In order to tell a great story, you need to have a unique purpose and plot with compelling characters. Moreover, it needs to be shot at a place which is visually appealing and can make an impact on the audience.
- Length of the video plays an important role in keeping the audience engaged with the business message. Ideally, a video should be 1 to 2 minutes long because the longer it gets, the more you will lose the attention of your audience.
- Remember that you are creating a video for gen Z,so you need to keep in mind the behavioral change of the audience. The end goal of your video should be to persuade the audience to take action. It should be able to evoke the emotions of your potential customers with passion motivation and awareness.
- You must pick the best channel to upload your video. For example, if you run a B2B business, then LinkedIn is the best channel, but if you have a fashion brand, then Instagram can be your best friend.
3. Modernize your existing strategy to market to Generation Z
People who are born after 1995 are considered as generation Z. hence it can be said that businesses need to rethink about their current SEO strategy to cater to the needs of gen Z as well as the millennial. In order to do that you need put in time and effort. So here are some ways in which you can market gen Z.
- Gen Z is most active on social media and marketing for gen Z means you need to be hyperactive on social media. You can connect with gen Z by using innovation and social cause. Gen Z likes to associate with brands that work for more than one social cause. Moreover, they want attention and like to remain on top.
- Deliver value to your audience by being present on channels where your audience hangs out. This is essential to succeed because if you don’t stay present, chances are you might lose. In order to prosper in the digital world, you need to grow your website as your business and remain present on each channel as your target customers. A handy way of doing that could be through animated videos, info graphics or anything that brings a visual appeal for the target audience.
- Gen Z is more open-minded, love change and adapts with it; they are dreamers and more so. It is better if you deliver your message in the same language spoken by the young generation.
Marketing to Generation Z is a difficult task and optimizing smart devices, using smart voice search as well as utilizing the influence of storytelling is most important to power up your SEO strategy in the coming years. You need to prioritize the needs of your customers to best market your brand and succeed in the long run.