Jio has announced the JIOFIBER commercial service in India. GigaFiber will launch on September 5 and will offer plans starting from Rs 700 per month.
- JIOFIBER will launch commercially on September 5.
- The Jio Set-Top box will offer entertainment, console gaming and Mixed Reality services.
- JIOFIBER plans will start from Rs 700 per month.
After almost a year of waiting, Jio has finally launched the JIOFIBER broadband service in India, which so far has been known to us as Jio GigaFiber. As the rumours suggested, GigaFiber plans will start from Rs 700 per month and will offer a host of smart services through the Jio set-top box. For consumers, JIOFIBER will be available commercially from September 5, 2019. Jio has announced all the benefits a JIOFIBER subscriber will enjoy, including the Jio Fiber Welcome Offer.
Here’s the listing of everything Reliance announced the AGM event.
JIOFIBER plans will be offered in both monthly and annual packages. The annual packages haven’t been disclosed yet but the monthly plans will start from Rs 700 and go all the way up to Rs 10,000.
All subscribers of Jio GigaFiber will be enjoying data speeds of at least 100Mbps. Depending on the various plans, consumers can get up to 1Gbps speed.
JIOFIBER Set-Top Box:
Along with the Wi-Fi router, Jio will give a Set-Top box to all subscribers. The Jio Set-Top box will offer certain smart features that have never been seen before.
- The Jio Set-Top box will able to host video calling with up to four people at once. Subscribers will be able to make free video calls to people using phones and tablets as well.
- Jio Set-Top box will support console-quality gaming. The box will be compatible with all gaming controllers and it comes with an in-built graphics card to play games such as FIFA 2019. In future, more games will come from popular studios such as Tencent, Microsoft and others. With the high-speed Jio Fiber network, Jio promises zero-latency multiplayer gameplay. Subscribers will also be able to engage in social gaming with friends.
- Jio Set-Top box will feature all premium content from the leading OTT platform in India.
- Under the Jio First Day First Show subscription, subscribers will be able to watch a new movie in their home on the same as the movie is released in the market. This feature will be available from mid-2020.
- Jio Set-Top box will also support Mixed Reality services, including MR shopping, MR education and MR movie watching. With MR shopping, subscribers will able to purchase a dress, for example, checking out how it looks in the real world and how it would fit the subscriber. The service will create a virtual version of the subscriber. Similarly, students will be able to look at 3D models of the solar system in AR. Subscribers can also watch movies through the MR headset for the full theatre experience.
- In order to use the Mixed Reality services, Jio will offer the Jio Holoboard MR headset. The headset is made by a new startup called Tesseract and will be going on sale soon in India.
- Jio Set-Top box will be streaming all channels from local cable operators. Jio previously acquired a controlling stake in Den Networks and Hathway.
- Customers will be able to make unlimited international calls via an International Calling pack. This pack will cost Rs 500 per month and will allow free calls to people in the US and Canada.
- Jio Set-Top box will be initially offered with the Jio Fiber Welcome Offer. Under this offer, if the subscriber goes for the Jio Forever plan (Jio’s annual plans), Jio will bundle a 4K Set-Top box along with an HD LED TV or Home PC. This offer will be available for a limited period. However, prices for this haven’t been announced yet.
Jio Postpaid Plus:
Jio also announced a new postpaid subscription plan for subscribers. The Jio Postpaid Plus subscription is said to be India’s first priority SIM set-up service at home. Jio promises seamless voice and data connectivity with the postpaid service. There will be family plans available with data sharing across all the enrolled devices. Roaming charges will be at a fraction of cost compared to other operators and phone upgrades will be offered at preferential rates.
Source of content – India Today